Saturday, December 11, 2010

Our First Day Traveling to Mexico


saying our good byes. the lovely sojourners, river daughters and phil.
Dearest family and friends,
Well I spent almost an hour today typing on my "word processor" and was unable to copy and paste all I wrote so here goes a brief update that should have been longer.
We pulled out last night around 9:30 pm and Asher drove the first leg and then Eric drove the next 4 hours. They continued to alternate driving and sleeping all the way into Texas. They did an amazing job and we are very grateful to God for them.
The rest of us slept as best we could on the bumpy Mississippi roads. You could totally "feel" once we got into Louisianna and Texas. The roads were "smooth sailin". We awoke to the sound of Asher's deep "Eeore voice" saying, "Welcome to Texas every one." We then looked up and saw we were at the Orange, Texas Welcome Station. It was around 7 am and it was the perfect way to start our morning.
The Welcome Center had a boardwalk wild life exhibit behind it that went out over the swampy water. One of the "creatures" they talked about was the Alligator Snapping Turtle who has a tiny pink wiggly toungue that looks just like a little worm. It is the perfect "bait" to attract hungry little fishies who come lookin to eat this "pink little worm" only to find that they themselves are the ones being "eatin".
After viewing the wild life exhibit we loaded back up into the van and headed to breakfast at the place where the best coffee around is served. Can you guess where that is? McDonalds of course! Some of us got yogurt parfaits or salads ...but it was not me. :)
Then we headed south towards Houston and drove and drove and drove. The weather really warmed up alot so we got out of our hot jackets. We stopped for gas several times and that was nice to stretch out our legs.
We arrived in Ramenville, Tx around 5:30 pm and checked into our La Quinta Hotel. Then we went to dinner at Subway around the corner. Now we are relaxing and trying to figure out how to post our blogs and pictures.
A big thank you to Kitty for all her help in creating this blog for me. Bless you. A big thank you to Mercy and Joy for helping me pack and repack...twice. A huge thank you to my son Yakyn for "hauling" all one million pounds of my stuff to the van and helping me get all my last items done. A thank you to my house for enduring my loss of memory in accomplishing my simple tasks of the day. A big thank you to my parents and siblings, children and friends for all their prayers and support in me taking this journey...keep them prayers a comin! Thank you also so much Marlene for getting me my nice warm wool socks and my amazing computer cover and the bicycle pump for my air mattress...thanks to you I wont feel that wooden board quite so much. And a big thank you to Shiyrah for collecting goodies to put into our secret person's stockings. And a big thank you to anyone I forgot to say "thank you" to.
I love and miss you all so much and will do my best to keep you updated on all the events that go on around us while we are in Mexico. A big thanks to Dossie Park for sharing all her wisdom about what to bring and how to be while we are in Mexico. She speaks from experience. :)
God bless you until we "meet again".
Love,
mala

2 comments:

  1. Hi MEEELA, Let the adventure begin. I love your blog and will keep in touch with it to find out how things are going. Love, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ya Mala. It makes me smile when I think of you. Been praying for all of you much. You know when things get rough, you have the spirit of praise about you.

    ReplyDelete